A salon is a gathering of people under the roof of an inspiring host, held partly to amuse one another and partly to refine the taste and increase the knowledge of the participants through conversation.
Check out pictures of this past event on Facebook.
Join us for a lively discussion led by Ben Speggen, editor of Erie Reader; Lesley Ridge, digital strategist and political consultant; Rebecca Styn, former city council candidate and consultant; and Sean Fedorko, cofounder Radius Cowork. They will share their perspectives about the impact of Social Media in the political arena today and offer insights on the do's and don'ts of Social Media and politics.
The Politics of Social Media DiscussionThe digital age has enabled us to be more connected than ever, and we frequently share our life experiences with hundreds of our closest connections, their connections and so on. We share everything on social - what we eat, wear, read, where we went, and where we are going.
But, for many, we find sharing our beliefs on social media, from causes to our position on politics, a forbidding thought. We’ve seen uncivil discourses on other posts. After all, if someone is going to put it out there, it’s open for comment, right?
The Politics of Social Media will cover a range of topics, including:
- Have you been on the receiving end of an uncivil tone in social media?
- Are you afraid to express your views about politics or a cause on social media?
- Has the rise of rudeness left you cold on social media?
- How can a candidate use social media effectively?
- What has been Social media's impact on political discussions and or campaigns?
- Are candidates that have used social media winning?
Attend this Great Lakes Digital Network event and:
- Make new contacts
- Access support and advice
- Be inspired and inspire others
- Learn new ideas
- Advocate and collaborate
- Raise awareness of your business
Low Cost = Big Value: $20 includes food, fun, presentation and discussion (cash refreshments) .
- 9/6/17 - Celebrate Women in Tech – Erie Learn more »
- 9/14/17 - Sell More with Better Product Images – Erie Learn more »
- 9/18/17 - Amazon Seller 101 – Erie Learn more »
- 9/20/17 - Amazon Seller 101 – Johnstown Learn more »
- 9/21/17 - Amazon Seller 101 – Clarion Learn more »
- 9/22/17 - Amazon Seller 101 – Harrisburg Learn more »
- 10/5/17 - Working Remoately: Effectively Working with Remote Teams – Erie Learn more »
- 10/19/17 - Influencer Marketing Panel | Digital Salon Night – Erie Learn more »
- 11/9/17 - Sales, Marketing & Automation: How-to Bring it All Together – Erie Learn more »